Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Evening Session - 7/28/2021

For the evening session I took out the same setup as yesterday.  I also stuck with the same mast setting.

The waves were smaller today - thigh high mostly with the occasional waist high set.  The tide was full and there was enough wind for Roland to use his Ensis 4.5m.  Paul also showed up and was using a Cloud IX 6.5m wing.


I got some fun rides - same as normal - ride in, line up, lots of banking turns, pop over the top, pump back out and if lucky, drop back in for a second wave.


I'm noticing the same performance issues that I experienced with the HA1125 - no low end, sensitive side to side (pivoting about the fuselage - so on the roll axis), and doesn't like too much wave on take off.  

Next time, I'm going to bring the Garmin and get some stats.  I think it's going to be even smaller tomorrow (I really should start getting Kalani's wing board done...).

No comments: