Thursday, July 15, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 7/15/2021

Wind was blowing most of the day - all the parts except when I got out.  I got to the beach at 4, quickly setup (thanks to the new electric pump, I was able to set up the foil while I put the foil and board together).  It looked good as I was driving up, and everyone had come in right before I got there to take a break (as the wind was pretty strong).  I pumped up the 5.2 and setup the HA1125/232/95cm mast.


The foil/board setup was not seamless today.  The wind was strong, but it kept coming from different directions, so it was hard to get a lock on where I should be going or where to draw power.


You can see the wind was up - and that at times it was more from the North - then more from the East.  I headed back in to swap out the HA1125 for the HS1250.  It took forever from me to get back - the HA1125 wasn't allowing me to build up speed (it really doesn't like to be pumped up like the HS series - needs the wind to pull you up).


I did manage to get in - and I did the swap and I did get back out.  You can see the last quarter of the session log I was mostly up and connecting transitions.  I'm not sure if it was the 95cm mast... I've used it in the past and had really fun sessions - maybe with the chop and the more northerly wind it just wasn't lining up.


Overall I'd say it was worth getting out on the water - even though I was struggling for most of it.  Tomorrow the winds are supposed to be stronger and it keeps up through the weekend.

No comments: