Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Evening Session - 7/27/2021

And after the garage work, I hit the beach to wash off all the dust.  I brought the PNL185 front foil and used the wingfoil bolts to get the foil position dialed in.
 

The tide was nice and high with the full moon overhead.  The wind was on the marginal side - Eli was out winging, but the rest of the usual suspects were prone foiling today.  The waves were also marginal - waist high at best with a bent towards going left.

I originally had the foil further back in the boxes.  I rode three waves and was able to get some distance - but the foil seemed lack luster and pumping was hard.  I moved the base up four times and on the last adjustment, it actually felt too front foot heavy.  Pumping this foil is really easy, but it is also pretty sensitive.  I was able to get back out to the line up on pretty much every wave and I could have had a few double dips.  My last wave I was doing figure 8 turns all the way to the beach.

I think a few more sessions and this will be my under waist high go to foil.

No comments: