Saturday, January 1, 2022

Dawn Patrol - 1/1/2022

Dawn patrolled this first day of 2022.  I finished the Takuma mast modifications (added epoxy yesterday while working on the NWFB and sanded this morning) - so I rigged up the 75cm with the 1210.


Winds were straight onshore.  The tide was supposed to be a dropping high at 1.6', but oddly enough I hit bottom twice.  There were waves pulling through - but I think it was pretty much wind swell.  I caught several really fun ones - two for ones and even a triple dip mixed in there.  Besides the two bottom groundings, I also had the foil come back at me on a wipeout and it bite me in the head and back (next post).


I forgot about the nose down attitude this setup produced.  I couldn't ride with reckless abandon because of that - I meant to add a shim under the front of the base plate.  Next time. 

The weather changed pretty quickly - good, bad, super windy, and really choppy.  Challenging conditions for sure, but glad to have gotten a session in to open 2022.

No comments: