Sunday, January 16, 2022

Dawn Patrol - 1/16/2022

And another opportunity to dawn patrol!  Same gear as yesterday.  Marlon was a little sleepy today -


I forgot how well this board catches waves.  With its additional buoyancy, it just moves faster in the water.  I brought one of the GoPros out again today - this time I checked to make sure it was charged because I wanted to get pictures of on foot placement on this board - I'm thinking of placing the stick on footstrap inserts, or even drilling into the board and adding proper ones so I can wing with this board.


Anyways - there were waves coming in from the south today - super fun!!!  No triples today, but the rides were either super long ones or doubles.  Marlon flew the drone at the midpoint of the session and got a couple of my rides.






I was in position earlier in the session to take a sequence of Marlon catching a good ride.


And here are my feet placed on the board






Even if I don't modify this board (because it is so good as a prone board), I'll at least have more data points on where strap inserts should get placed

Count now stands at:  W - 1; F - 5; S - 4

No comments: