Monday, January 17, 2022

Dawn Patrol - 1/17/2022

Marlon and I hit the dawn patrol on Dr Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday!!!  We can all strive to be better to one another.

I brought out the Skinny 4'10" and the Takuma Kujira 1210 on the 75cm mast.  Marlon brought his trusty longboard.


The surf was much smaller than the past few days - but there was no wind and the tide was on the high side (that's why I opted for the Kujira 1210 - low risk of hitting the bottom).  More people contemplating whether they were going to go out, or sit this one out.


I was able to ride several waves despite the crowd.  I mainly stayed on the inside and picked up the ones that made it through the outside group of longboarders.


I mostly pumped back out - with the 1210 it is almost too easy.


I got winded a few of the runs because of the length of the pump backs and catching the double dip.  I should start jump roping again.

Just as I was going in, Marlon paddled out to grab a wave (I guess he got tired of waiting for me - I had a dentist appointment later in the morning so I couldn't stay too long).


Harris, Noel and Andrew were out.  Andrew is enjoying his new Axis setup.

Count:  W-1; F-6; S-4

No comments: