Sunday, January 23, 2022

Dawn Patrol - 1/23/2022

Dawn patrolled again.  There is still some swell coming in from the south, and there is still west wrap.  The tide was high, but at a manageable 1.6' (yesterday was 1.8' and was drowning out the swell).  With zero wind, the conditions were really good.


I brought out the same gear as yesterday, but I did shim the mast base.  One shim each under the front bolts was enough to correct the "nose-down attitude".  The mast position I had paddled out with was making my back leg a little spent - so I pulled the mast forward and VIOLA!!!  Balance was achieved!





I'm going to mark this position for this mast and the Kujira 1210.


I caught a bunch of waves both before and after the mast position change - the conditions provided opportunities for long walled up rides and hooking carves.  With the high tide I didn't have to worry too much about grounding so I was a bit more aggressive on the riding.

SO much fun!

W:1; F:9; S:4

No comments: