Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Garage Works - 4'8" Wing Foiling Board

Spent some time working on the new wing foiling board the past couple of days.  On Sunday I got the top deck on.  Single nose to tail sheet of innegra (2 ounce) plus patches under the heels over the divynicell.  I used peel ply on this.


Also tried to use pigment, but both colors came out lighter than I was planning.  I might try using a fill coat using tint...


And on Monday evening, I went ahead and laminated the bottom.  Nose to tail 4.8 ounce carbon sheet and a nose to tail layer of 4 ounce fiberglass.  I wanted the extra layer as I'm planning on using this board to jump.


Came out pretty good.


Next time I work on this, I'll sand off some of the burrs and make sure there are no void at the footstrap inserts, add the top deck label, add the top deck fill coat (with tint to darken the colors), then laminate the rail tape to clean up the interface, fill the joints, then open up the boxes on the bottom deck, fill any voids, place labels, add the fill coat, then begin sanding.

No comments: