Sunday, January 30, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 1/29/2022

The wind that was forecasted did come - but it was several hours late.  I got to Hickam at 11:30 and was in the water by 11:45. There was strong wind coming in from the ESE.  I pumped up the Reedin SWX 5.2, put on the harness line and setup the WWFB with the PNL185.


It felt awesome to wing again!!! I took it easy and decided I needed to practice transitions today - outbound tacks and jibes, inbound jibes (I think I tried to do an inbound tack - ahh it doesn't matter - there was strong wind!!!!).


You can totally see the different angle of the wind.  I did not even want to try and get out through the channel to get to Firsts.


I checked the weather sites and the gusts weren't out of control.  The 5.2 was super powerful (it is everything I was afraid the OR A 5.0 was going to be) but on a day like this, this wing performed flawlessly.  When the wind was just lighter than optimal (this wing has a pressurized point where it'll just pull you up onto foil - I think it is 15mph), you could synchronize your board pump (sliding the foil forward as opposed to straight up and down) with the wing pump and in three cycles you were up on foil.

I got the PNL185 up above 23mph - I think it was the SWX.



I don't know why we've had this long streak of no winds.  I am thankful that there has been surf on the south shore - but I really miss winging.

W:3/F:9/S:4

No comments: