Saturday, January 22, 2022

Dawn Patrol - 1/22/2022

Dawn patrol with Marlon.  The usual suspects were there - Tim, Noel, Andrew, Richard, others...  The were waves too - some from the SSW, and some West wrap.  The tide was really high and that made for weird conditions.


Some different views this morning - not sure if these were other islands that aren't normally seen, or if they were clouds (I'm guessing clouds).


Marlon was out towards Middles with the longboard crowd.  I was over more in front of the cabins.  I caught several really fun, long rides where I could get some carves on open wave faces.  It was just a little weird that the waves weren't breaking as readily as they should have given the size.

With the extra size today, I opted to use the Kujira 1210 over the 1095.  That said, I noted a few funny things from the last time I used this front foil.  

1.  With the longer Project Cedrus mast, I felt like I was riding with a nose down attitude.
2.  The setup today was a little up and down on the takeoffs
3.  With the foil buried deeper by the longer mast, it is harder to pump this front foil

I am waiting for a 68cm Project Cedrus mast - that should make things right regarding pumping.  I may still have to shim under the front mast base regardless of mast length to correct the attitude.


Compare this to the picture from yesterday - 1210 and 1095 have a lot of similarity - but at first glance, I'm thinking the 1095 will be better for winging, and the 1210 will be the prone foiling foil.


Here's where I had the 1210 set today.  Again - I was using a longer mast.  Not sure what was causing the yo-yoing at takeoff, especially since I didn't feel uneven foot pressure.  Hmmm - a mystery...


And here's the telling part - 1095 on top of the 1210.  Definitely narrower and longer span.


And the tubercles are less prominent on the 1095. 


Now I just need some wind so I can wing....

W:1; F:8; S:4

No comments: