Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Garage Works - 1/12/2022

Rainy afternoon that had zero wind (and probably no surf) - perfect conditions for more glassing.  I sanded the edges from the bottom deck lamination, cut the carbon tape and did some resin quantity calculations.


I got the rail tape on starting with a quick coat along the rail so the rail tape would stick.  Then I started from one end, got it stuck on to the board using a brush, then went back over it to saturate the tape.  Then I added the thinner tape (cut to fit) to the nose area.  Finally I went ahead and put the top deck fill coat on.


I'll check on it in the morning before I go to work - but as I was putting it away, everything was nice and tight, there were no bugs, and I think I was able to get all the errant brush hairs off the deck.

No comments: