Monday, January 17, 2022

Garage Works - 1/17/2022

After the dentist visit, I had lunch with an old friend - Dan Turner.  It was good seeing him and catching up.  He's going to retire from 29.5 years in the Navy this summer!

I came back and took a long nap, then mowed the lawn, smoked some salmon for dinner and then got some progress on the 4'8" wing board.  I opened up the foot strap inserts, took some more of the excess resin off the top deck, drilled out the holes for the vent and leash plug, epoxied in the vent plug and filled the voids that got exposed while opening the footstrap inserts.


0.7 ounces of aluzine, mixed with 3 tongue depressors worth of aerosil to set the vent in and fill the footstrap insert voids (only a few of them, so no big deal).


As I'm writing this, I'm contemplating setting the leash plug - just to get to the point where I can get the final fill coats on and get to sanding (because I love sanding - not).

No comments: