Thursday, January 6, 2022

Garage Works - 1/6/2022

I actually only stayed out surfing long enough to catch five good waves - I had my fill and headed back home.  I actually wanted to get this board repair done.  I broke out the sander yet again, and got the fill coat sanded down.  In doing so, I found a couple more air pockets along the tracks.  I opened those up so I could fill them with epoxy and aerosil.  Here's the third fill (usually is the last coat).  I'll sand tomorrow and get through the grits, and then spray acrylic on to the board.  Then I just have to wait for wind (none on the horizon for now).


I actually mixed a batch of epoxy (0.7 ounces), mixed the aerosil in and filled in the EPS bead voids on the 4'8" Wing Foiling Board - then with a little mixture left, added black pigment and fill the voids on this repair.  This should be done by tomorrow (finally).

Handling this board again, I noticed the weight is up forward.  That is a good thing since this board was made to ride waves - the added weight up front helps with the drop.  It has been a long time since I've ridden this board, I kinda forgot that trait.

No comments: