Friday, January 21, 2022

Evening Session - 1/21/2022

Hit the beach after work.  Bolted on the Takuma Kujira 1095 on the Project Cedrus 75cm mast (where the total height is closer to 79cm).  Lately I've been taking out the skinny 4'10" - this board catches waves so easily.  Whoever says you have to have the tiniest board to be cool, doesn't have my wave count.


The glide on the foil is really good.  Definitely better than the Armstrong HA1125 and HA925 - and I'm not just saying that because I'm anti-Armstrong - I'm trying to be objective here and the stall speed is definitely lower on the Kujira.  Out of the ten or so waves I had, only once did I lose enough speed to drop out.  That is in contrast to most times on the 1125 and 925 - almost every wave ended with a drastic drop out.

The other thing I noticed was the pumpability - the 1095 can be pumped back from the brink of drop out.  I could never really pump the Armstrong HAs - they did not respond to that type of input.  I still need to prone foil the Axis ARTs - but I want to wait for the 68cm Project Cedrus mast to do that. 

This is where I started the 1095 out - actually the same place as the 1210.


I had to move it up twice - the 1210 is medium aspect while the 1095 is high aspect - the latter needs more initial lift.  I got some really long glide out of this foil.  But the pump rhythm is quite different than the 1210 - and it actually reminds me of the PNL185.

W:1; F:7; S:4

No comments: