Sunday, January 30, 2022

Dawn Patrol - 1/30/2022

Dawn patrolled again this morning - the swell that started hitting yesterday was still here (for the first half of the session).  Marlon brought his Submoon.  I took out the same setup as yesterday (trying to get it dialed in).  I didn't leave anything in the bed this time (peace of mind).


The waves were slightly smaller than yesterday, but it was choppier today.  I caught some really fun ones - but the repeats were fewer than yesterday.  After the first hour, the waves dropped in size and the chop subsided.


I was having a hard time making the drop and bottom turning onto the wave faces - so I moved the mast forward.  That seemed to lessen the issue - but I'm going to have to keep working on this.  Truthfully I should have had the 980 on, but oh well.


Kalani was on the beach!!!  He's on the road to recovery and getting out there on a longboard was a great leap forward!


Had to run errands today so I called it around 8:30.  Fun session!!!

W:3/F:10/S:4

No comments: