Sunday, January 30, 2022

No.23 is Actually Finished

Lots of sanding, filling, sanding, filling, sanding - you get the picture.


But eventually you get to a point where you can't chase every pinhole.  Here's the board after wetsanding.




Number 23 - this is a really short (for me) wing board.  This should still have some volume - but it is smaller than the other two wing foiling boards I've been using.  Soon I'm going to set up the volume pool to get the volumes on all the boards I have.


And here's the board after the first clear coat.






The type of resin I used for the fill coats has a purple hue to it in the sun - but it looks like regular resin under artificial lighting - the is the first board I used it on - I like it!

After this picture, I did chase a couple more issues I found - an air pocket in the tail and some low spots around the handle.  But those are all good now and I finished drilling out the vent, putting on the final clear coat, and even getting the deck pads on - Number 23 is DONE!!!  I'll post again when I take pictures in the sunlight.

Now I just need some wind to try it out.... which lately has been challenging....

No comments: