Monday, January 24, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 1/23/2022

I committed an act of desperation yesterday afternoon - I went winging despite my better judgement.  From this picture it looked like a lake - flat, calm and the opposite of what you want for winging.


But every now and then a gust would pull through and it looked totally doable.  I had setup the GL210 - light wind beast (the GL240 is a monster - I've used Dennis's before - but for days like this....)


And this - the Reedin Super Wing X 5.2m.  Once you get up on foil, this thing generates so much power!  In conditions where the Ensis V2 6.0m would have been difficult, I managed to rip along at a good clip.


Mind you - this was not ideal.  There were more lulls than gusts and I spent most of the time schlogging.



The times I was up pretty correlates to the peak on the wind chart.


Good to know the low end of the X-wing.

W:2/F:8/S:4

No comments: