Sunday, January 30, 2022

Garage Works - 1/30/2022

The wind did not pickup to the point where it would have been fun to wing - so after running errands today, I came home and knocked out some projects in the garage.  

First I took the deck pad sections I had templated and cut out from raw EVA foam sheeting, and used the bench sander to chamfer the edges.  Then I stuck them on the new wing board.  I didn't take pictures of this because Noe was the only other person home and she was taking a nap.  There are pictures of the board below, but it is underneath the other project I was working on today.

Prayot was having issues with his 5.2 wing.  I swapped out the center strut bladder and all is good (kinda - there is a slow leak in the main bladder somewhere also...). 


I also fixed the 5.2 bladder and an extra 6.0 strut bladder so he can use them as spares.





Did you see the deck pads on the new wing board?

I also trimmed some of the lifting grip deck on the skinny 4'10" and changed out the rear deck pad.  I had gotten a new wide Creatures of Leisure one at the Kailua HIC today.  

I also mowed the lawn, weeded part of the back lawn and cleaned up the garage.  Funny what you can get done when the wind is down.

No comments: