Saturday, January 1, 2022

Size Comparisons

I had this set of equipment in the truck this past week at work.  I had inflation issues with the OR A 5.0 the second to last time I took it out so I wanted to pressure test it.  On the RSWX 4.2, I had read on a forum post where one guy was seeing the stitching on his 5.2 pulling through the X-ply - so I wanted to pump it up to inspect mine.


I actually have not done a size comparison between these two before this.  Looking at where the difference is, this strip is 0.4 m2.


I also had these front foils in the truck - on load from Jeff to test the top end speeds.  Axis ART 799, 899 and 999 from top to bottom.  The ART 999 is everything the Armstrong HA1125 wasn't - easy riding, predictable lift, rolls with ease, no dolphining on takeoff, and no sudden death dropouts when you hit the stall speed (which is lower on the ART also).  The ART 899 was a faster version of the 999 - but the time I had it out there was fluky wind so I had ups and downs.  The ART 799 for someone my weight is a nuking wind racer.


These two are my favorites of the three.


And this is another comparison picture I have managed not to take... Go Foil PNL185 and the Axis ART 999.  You can see from the size difference that the PNL185 works better in lower energy conditions and the ART 999 in higher (although I have yet to try it in the surf prone foiling... might be a different story there).

No comments: