Monday, January 24, 2022

No.23 through the 40 Grit Sanding

The wind was up and down again this afternoon.  Instead of winging, I picked my kids from school and then hit the garage to start sanding No.23

The funny thing is I drag my feet when it comes to sanding, but once I start, I can't stop.



I ended up pretty much getting through the 40 grit sanding.



The OCD in me sees a few spots where I could put another coat of epoxy and fill some small voids.  I'd rather do this in really good natural lighting - so I'm going to wait until tomorrow after work (or at least I'll look everything over and make the determination whether to fill or leave it as is - I could chase these little divots forever if I let myself).

The wind forecast is down again for the upcoming week - looks like I'll have this board finished sanding and outfitted (since there won't be too many distractions).  I might even sand Kalani's board while I'm at it.  The things I do when there is no surf or wind -

No comments: