Saturday, June 11, 2022

Evening Session - 6/10/2022

The wind had been hovering on the fun level for most of the day (while I was at work).  By the time I headed home, I could sense it was waning, and by the time I was packing up the truck, I made the call to just bring my prone setup (4'8" PFB, 75cm Project Cedrus mast, Kujira 1440 and my 14.875" stabilizer on a stock Takuma 2021 fuselage - that is a mouthful...).

When I got there, Roland was breaking out his winging gear.  As I did a surf check, the wind looked worse than Thursday... And the surf had also come down - almost to the point where I didn't paddle out.

Since I was there, and Marlon was launching the A2S, I figured I'd just wash off the work week even if the waves were small.


I ended up catching only one wave - all these pictures came from that single ride.


I almost didn't even catch this... the tide was at 1.3' but it seemed to be shallower than that.


I ended up riding it to the sand pit just west of the fenceline.


The rest of the time I was discussing flakkas with Roland (who made the wise choice of not winging since there was hardly any wind).

W:46/F:59/S:17

No comments: