Monday, June 13, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 6/13/2022

Wind was nuking today!!!!  I didn't empty the truck from yesterday, so I used the exact same setup (Reedin SW2 4.7m/Axis ART999/420HA Rear Stab)


I was a little more methodical with the gopro today - had to change the angle mid-session.  Found it didn't move if butted up against the next smaller segment.  

Waves were smaller than yesterday - and the tide was higher.  Rode the outside with Brantley and Jim.


I've not seen a picture of my whole front foil ventilating - pretty cool looking!!!


Really good winds that complimented the chosen equipment well.


I was pretty much out from 3 to 4:30. During the big gusts, I was definitely overpowered.  But there were lulls where I was just underpowered - hard to settle on a wing size on days like this.  The 4.7 was probably as close as I was going to get to perfect today. 

Ken and Harris came out later in my session.  By that point I was inside trying to get as fast as I could on the ART999 - 21.4 mph isn't bad.  I might try the ART899 tomorrow (the wind is forecasted to get stronger!!! - the forecast is all over the place though).



W:49/F:59/S:17

No comments: