Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 6/29/2022

The wind was way up today - I brought my gear and headed out after work.  I pumped up the Reedin SWX 4.2 and setup the ART999/420HA.

I brought Kalani out and Harris was finished setting up when we showed up.

By the time I was launching, Harris was already out at Firsts.  I made my way out, taking my time and getting a couple of jibes in to shake off the rust (it's been a few days since I was winging).

Waves were head high and the sets were pretty tightly packed.  But it was the wind that stole the show - at times it was nuking and switching direction simultaneously.  When the wind rotated more from the North, I would have a hard time staying with the waves.  I also would get blown off the waves if I tried to jibe too tightly onto them.  I could have used the SW1 3.6


Kalani used his SW2 5.2 for the first time.


There was a steep drop in the wind right around 5pm - I had already gone in by that time so all was good.


You can see the wind swinging in this low resolution report.  The wind actually seemed much stronger than the graph shows.


I tried something new today regarding the tracking.  I used the Garmin GPS watch, and I also used the Stava app on my phone.  The recognizable set is from the Garmin.


I hit 21.1 mph in the latter half of the session.  It was hard maintaining speed because of the chop and the changing wind direction - but BAM!  Not bad!


Here's my Stava track and speed chart.


The data corroborates well between the two devices.


The wind is supposed to be similar tomorrow.  I'll try to run the ART899 and the 380HA tomorrow and see what top speed I can generate.

W:56/F:61/S:17

No comments: