Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 6/14/2022

Hit Hickam again after work.  Brantley and Jim were at their vehicles - they said the wind had come down a notch from yesterday (opposite of what the iwindsurf forecast was calling for).  But as I looked out from the rigging area, it looked pretty nuclear - with a lot of North (so the whitecaps wouldn't show).

I rigged the exact same as yesterday (even though I brought the ART899 and the 380HA, just easier - I did not want to experiment with gear today).


I ended up with 13.83 miles in an hour.  There were several really blasting gusts that came through - which to me felt stronger than yesterday.  The setup I used was so much fun!!!  Before this last run of using the ART999 back to back on several sessions, I read the prior blog posts to check if I had to shim the mast or not.  My comments had really focused on how great the glide on this foil was, how awesome it turned, and how easy it was to get up on foil.  All that remains true - and I'll add the pump is really easy on this foil also - pumping through the lulls was common and without any drama.  I think the only area where the Takuma Kujira series excels above the ART is in handling turbulence (which can be a big deal when the waves get bigger).


I only had an hour - needed to get errands done.  I was out from 3:30 to 4:30. I really love the Reedin SW2 4.7 - handled 15 to 30 without blinking an eye


Got a higher top speed today compared to the last time I had the watch out (yesterday???).  Now I'm going to have to go through my previous posts to dig out my top speeds on each of the front foils I regularly use.



FUN - FUN - FUN!!!

W:50/F:59/S:17

No comments: