Saturday, June 4, 2022

Garage Works - No.25

After surfing this morning, I worked on some garage projects.  I got the reinforcement block for the mast track sanded down to match the height of the surrounding blank.  Then I lined the hole with carbon and a layer of innegra.



I used about 5.6 ounces of epoxy to line the hole and saturate the laminates.  I used a roller to spread the epoxy evenly.  Then I spread some epoxy on the reinforcement block to make sure there would be a bond, and then stuck it in.

There was a little pull on the side pieces of carbon, but nothing catastrophic.  I used saran wrap to keep the laminates and the epoxy flat. 


I also finally epoxied the divynicell strips together (this needed to be done a long time ago).  I'll figure out what size these need to be assembled to in order to use them as footstrap reinforcement blocks and augment mast track reinforcement blocks (under the ends of the Futures boxes). 



No comments: