Thursday, June 9, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 6/9/2022

The forecast called for light winds today, but I was keeping an eye on the thermals.  Around 1pm they kicked in.  I was out there around 4pm.  Harris had already had his session - said he had to wait 45 minutes before the thermals kicked in.  By the time I was unloading, he was already chatting with Kalani who had pumped up.

I used the GoFoil setup on the Project Cedrus 85cm mast again, but today I bolted on the PNL185.  When I was rigging there were definite whitecaps - so I pumped up the Reedin SWX 5.2


The wind was coming on strong from the SE - side onshore conditions.  It was good for the first 15 minutes, then the thermals all fell apart.  I drifted for a long distance and I was way past Camp Grounds before I was able to pick up some light wind.

There was still some drama - I came off foil a couple more times - pretty demoralizing when you have a long paddle ahead of you.  But that same kick in the teeth served as motivation to get back up and wing back in on foil.

I finally made it back - I landed at the first lifeguard tower.


So you can see it was good until it wasn't...


When there was wind, it was actually pretty good.  I winged a total of 10 miles and got to 16.5 mph.


At least I didn't have to swim back!!!

W:46/F:58/S:17

No comments: