Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 6/22/2022

The wind was not forecasted to be up today - but that didn't stop the wind from coming up.  I picked Kalani up and we headed to Hickam for a post work session.

I opted for the SWX 5.2 and the ART999/420HA.  I did bring the 899 and 380HA (and could have used it at a point - more on this shortly).


When I got in the water, there was texture on the surface from the wind so I felt good about the equipment selection.  I got up on foil and headed out to Firsts.  It was clean, side offshore winds that were fairly consistent.  I was able to catch some fun rides, but the tide was starting to drown out the swell.


I guess I rode more waves than I recall -

After 40 minutes outside, the wind started to falter and I headed in - but then the wind really picked up and I transitioned to speed riding mode (and had contemplated going in and switching out to the ART899/380HA, but figured I was better off just riding).

Was really good wind for the 5.2!


I milked 22.4 mph out of the setup today!

The other thing I did was to practice transitions - focusing on dry tacking on the outside, and trying to get the inside jibes around cleanly.  I was able to apply what I had been looking at on Youtube and bam!  I was knocking out my inbound tacks!!!


Now I need to finish the new board that I have on the rack so I can start teaching myself to jump.

W:54/F:60/S:17

No comments: