Thursday, June 30, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 6/30/2022

Hit Hickam again after work.  Similar conditions to yesterday - except that it was steadier outside, the waves were bigger and cleaner, and the inside was swirlier.

I used the same setup as yesterday (but I was hoping it would have been windier and I could use the 3.6 and the ART899 - maybe tomorrow).


I wish I had brought a GoPro - the wave riding today was all time!!!  The wind direction helped me line up some great rides and I didn't feel like I was fighting the wind to stay aligned.  The bigger rides were overhead while I was up high on the foil.  This was one of the best days I've had out at Firsts!!!

Harris was out and riding all across the waves - up and down, using the entire face.  

Kalani was still staying on the inside, trying to build up his endurance.  Looks like he doesn't need any help...


Jim was also on the inside, as were a couple of other guys I didn't recognize (Spin Wing/SAB Foil, and F One Wing)


This session was definitely in the top 5 I've had - what a huge difference riding waves are when all the conditions line up - easterly winds, high tide to slightly dampen the waves from pitching lip, good swell that has a little more open period - there really aren't words to describe the feeling of catching one from outside the runway jetty, dodging the whitewater and using the rolling energy to fly.


We were out from 3 to 4:30 - good winds for the SWX 4.2


Didn't break any records, but got into the low 20s a few times!


So much fun!!!

W:57/F:61/S:17

No comments: