Saturday, June 25, 2022

Garage Works - Ding Repairs Galore and Inserts on No.25

Apparently, the Honouliuli Waste Water Treatment Plant started passing unprocessed waste water (i.e., raw sewage) out its outfall because one of the components in its operations is not working.  There are signs posted all along the SW shoreline of Oahu warning of high fecal coliform and E.coli levels along the shoreline.

I did go on the dawn patrol, but ended up talking story to Dennis, Scott, Andrew and Kalani.  Andrew went out (he was SUP foiling) when he saw Matt out (and dominating).  And Dennis also headed out (SUP foiling).  I opted out (even though I went out yesterday evening) - I didn't need to deal with a bunch of diarrhea bouts.

Marlon and I headed home and ended up working in the garage for most of the day.  I was working on No.25 - getting the insert slots cut in, when Roland asked if he could drop off his boards for repairs.  He brought over his mid-length that had a bad delamination and nose ding.  Here's the delaminated area cleaned up. 


And here it is all sealed back up.  I need to sand it down and probably will add a couple more fills, but this is more than halfway done already.


I even got the nose ding repaired already - but same thing - need to sand it and then add a couple more fill coats.


He also brought over his wingboard.  It had a crack in the starboard rear corner.  Here it is opened up and in the sun to get the water out.


And I drilled open Kalani's board to drain some water that had gotten in through four pinholes.  It was better the find these now instead of later.


Marlon brought down a couple of boards that needed repairs and we worked on those at the same time.


These pictures are out of order since I was working on this board before Roland came over.  I did get the slots opened up for the footstrap reinforcement inserts.


And I also rebuilt the foil track block.  I cleared the foam at the areas where the ends of the mast tracks will sit.  Then I epoxied in the divynicell blocks.

Once the blocks cured in place, I went ahead and routed out the new slot ends.  I even went ahead and epoxied in the tracks.

Tomorrow I'll epoxy in the footstrap insert reinforcement blocks, rout out the insert slots and epoxy those in.  If I get to that point, I will cut out the top deck fabric - innegra cover sheet, innegra heel patches (not sure I'll have time to do the actual lamination - got to attend to the repair jobs - the wind comes back on Tuesday).


It feels good to get ahead on a bunch of projects!

No comments: