Thursday, November 10, 2022

Garage Works - 11/10/2022

I skipped out on water time today.  The wind was up and down, the waves small, and the tide pretty low.  Instead, I worked on Prayot's wing board.  He said he didn't want to have to shim the base plate - so I cut a wide channel in the back third of the board - kind of like concave in surfboards - but this was to get the mast to angle further back.


I use levels to make sure the foil will ride level to the board.


The bubbles are pretty close so this is good to go.


Then I got the shape more refined - tightened up the nose rocker and foam distribution up front, got the bottom deck rail chines defined, and removed extra foam where it was not needed.








Here's the bottom deck.





And a view from the starboard side.

This weekend I'll get the shaping finished, the blank sanded, and layout the inserts (footstraps, mast track block, and divynicell or balsa deck patches).  If I can get to this point by the end of Sunday, I'll be able to get the laminates in place next week.  

No comments: