Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 11/8/2022

Hit WPB again after work.  From the drone footage, it's obvious Marlon came out.


Same gear as yesterday (even though I had contemplated earlier about pumping up the RS 5.1, I stuck with the 4.7 because I'm still nursing the golfer's elbow I've got on my left elbow - the handles are too direct and transfer a lot of the shock in gusts).


Swells were much smaller today.  I'd be happy if this is what we have all winter - we'll see...


Kalani, Brian and Roland were out also.


I put waterproofing on the SW2 earlier today - the other reason I wanted to take it out this afternoon.  I'll probably put another coat on this and the two RS wings.


ENE winds - background swell pushing from the south... fun conditions for surfing!  Got some really long rides just carving all the way to the inside (and then picking up the waves as they slow down and stand up - lighter surfer crowd today so I went ahead and surfed further in that I normally do.


I had a few spells where I was off foil and schlogging to the wind line (which always seems to be just ahead of you... kinda like a carrot on a stick).  But for the most part I was up for really long time spans.

The RS 5.1 would have had me up even longer - but for the most part the SW2 4.7 was perfect.


The middle block of time is over 40 minutes long - up on foil the entire time - so good!!!


I'm probably going to take a break tomorrow to rest up for the latter half of the week (NUKING WINDS!!!!) - and to also finish shaping Prayot's wing board.  I've got a month left before he gets back to Oahu.

W:109/F:93/S:36

No comments: