Sunday, November 20, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 11/19/2022

Hit Hickam early yesterday with Kalani.  Wind looked strong, but at the surface, it was acting a little funny.


I bought No.26 out, and to make it even more challenging, I setup the Eagle 1090.


Here's where I had it set up


I also pumped up the RS 5.1 (basing my choice on the way the flag was flapping and the texture on the water).  The plan and the expectations were great - but the execution was way off.  I was able to balance on the board, but there wasn't enough power in the wing to get up on foil - except once during a big gust.

I paddled back in from the reef line (UPWIND the whole time - it took forever) and swapped the foil over to the WWFB.  I had better luck on the bigger board - but the wind also went wonky and it also turned hard north.  While the wind was good, I headed out to Firsts.  When I got out there, that's when the shift happened and I spend the rest of the session just trying to get back to the launch.

Eventually I did make it (so I didn't have to swim twice).


Another example of the actual wind not coming anywhere near the forecast.


Not the best wind -


This was from the session with the WWFB.  I didn't even record the first session.


W:113/F:94/S:38

No comments: