Saturday, November 26, 2022

Garage Works - 11/26/2022

I went ahead and laminated No.28 this morning.  I first mixed up a smaller batch of epoxy and poured that over the 3rd layer patches (heel placement).  While that was soaking in (to ensure saturation and contact with the blank below), I went and mixed up the big batch.  I added the pink pigment and laid it up.









Here it is post top deck lamination.




I already grinded down the burrs and the errant epoxy.  Tomorrow I'll set the mast track boxes in place, place the box reinforcement layers on and then the nose to tail cover layer of carbon fiber.  If I can get to this point tomorrow, I'm still ahead of schedule.

I'd like to get the rail tape on and the first fill coat on the top deck on Monday.

It's coming together!

No comments: