Saturday, November 26, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 11/25/2022

I had to work most of the day yesterday - and like you would expect, the wind was blowing.  I got home and loaded up.  It was still blowing, but not as hard - and I didn't want to have to drive back out to Hickam, so even at the low tide I winged WPB.

The wind was blowing from the north and north-east.  The conditions looked pretty good for surfing (if there were waves - in fact, it was pretty sparsely loaded).


Winging at WPB on any tide lower than 1.5' is automatically default to the Kujira 1210.  I think I could have gotten away with the RS5.1, but since I was going to be the only one out, I opted for the RS6.1 (and I was pretty much perfectly powered the whole time).


Not a surprise, but I had to swim further out than normal to get to the point where I could flip the board.  Other than that, I was up on foil for nearly the entire session.

I caught a few waves on the inside - and even with the wind blowing nearly offshore, I was able to jibe and book it back to the wind line.


This is pretty much the last of this latest wind event.  Although I didn't milk this one as much as I would have liked, I did get out and got to try some new things.  It is probably a good thing too so I can laminate Prayot's board.

W:117/F:94/S:38

No comments: