Friday, November 25, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 11/24/2022

Thanksgiving morning session.  I brought the winging gear, but given the conditions, I should have brought the Viking.


Offshore wind made for pretty clean conditions - but this being winter, there wasn't much surf coming up from the south.  There is a big swell coming down from the north - and I'm surprised there wasn't much wrapping around to WPB.


This guy had a KT Ginzu board.


Originally I pumped up the 6.1 - but the wind that was forecasted to be present early on did not show.  I had to cook for Thanksgiving so I had limited time.  I asked Marlon to go to the garage and bring the NLW 8.0.

This is the first time I had the 6.1 and the 8.0 together - here is the size difference.


Rounding out my equipment was the WWFB, Kujira 1440 on the 85cm Project Cedrus mast and one of the stabilizers I built last year.

Kalani, Tim and Roland were also set up.  


Although not nuking like it was supposed to, I figured this session would be a good test of the lower limit of my equipment.  I paddled out at Fenceline in really light offshore wind, and drifted over to Cabins.  Eventually a gust came along - probably 10mph and was able to get up on foil.  After a couple of runs, I was back in front of Fenceline.  I made a few more runs, had gotten upwind of Fenceline - by this time I was short on time and headed in.  I managed to pick up a wave and rode it like I ride the inside at Firsts (goofy foot, carving the face like windsurfing).




At least I got in a session.  Roland didn't make it out, but Tim and Kalani were still there when the wind did hit and they said it was nuking - definitely echoed by the chart data.

W:116/F:94/S:38

No comments: