Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 11/1/2022

I picked up Kalani in the parking lot and we hit Hickam.  While we were driving over - there was nothing but signs of strong winds - trees blowing, flags flapping and clouds hauling butt across the sky.

As soon as I pull into the parking lot, you could see the wind backing off...

There was still some strength behind it, but I had originally pumped up the Reedin SWX 4.2 - I ended up on the same gear as yesterday.


I got in some warm up runs - tacking easily with the good wind, and jibing a few times.  Then I made it out towards Firsts to join Harris.  The waves were actually kinda small - but I did nab two overhead ones.  Jim and Arvin said the waves were really good while they were out - looks like I was out during a long lull.  With the 4.7, I felt perfectly powered, but I could feel the wind starting to shift so I headed in.


On my way through the channel I could feel the wind pulling more north... I'm glad I headed in when I did.


When I made it to the high part of the inside track, I started to practice more tacks, different ways to jibe the wing and got in some speed runs.  I was up on foil for almost the entire session!


Even though I did not get it when it was strongest today - I had a ton of fun!!!

W:105/F:93/S:34

No comments: