Thursday, November 3, 2022

Birthday Present 2022 - North Nova Light Wind 8.0

The other reason I called it this afternoon was to get home to this - my 51st birthday present!

It's a 2023 North Nova Light Wind 8.0 m wing in Sunset Yellow.


I had been contemplating an option for when there was no surf, and the wind was light.  One direction was to get a new kite that I could foil with in 6 to 14 mph winds.  Phil does this with his 15m Flysurfer.  The reason I did not go this route is the limited places where you can do this type of flying - Kailua and Mokuleia.

In the end I opted for a large, modern light wind wing.

As with all the wings I purchase - I pressure test them to make sure the bladders are good to go.


The wing span on this wing is not excessively large.  I feel the OR Glide A was proportionately wider.  For sure this wing is longer front to back.  And while on its nose, the top of the rear handle is at the top of my head.

I have good expectations for the performance of this wing in light winds.  In researching this, the designer - Dano See - lives in the Philippines and usually rides in the 6 to 8 mph winds prevalent there.


The struts and leading edge are massive!  I can't wait to get this out (tomorrow is supposed to be really light in the afternoon).

And since I got this wing, of course the wind is forecast to ramp up.

No comments: