Sunday, November 13, 2022

Prone Foiling for Winging Setup

Today was another day where the forecast did not line up with the actual conditions.  I skipped the dawn patrol in favor of the chance to go out and wing.

Well - the wind was coming in from the North - and it cleaned up the surf a little.  There were times the wind was up (and when it was up it was nuking), then the wind would almost completely die down.  Kind of frustrating...

I went ahead and prone foiled No.26 - and I brought out the GoPro to take a picture of my feet while riding the wave.


Roland came out on prone - but he went in and got his winging stuff lined up.  The wind was teasing him too much.  I knew I had only a short window, so I stuck it out on prone.


Plus, I came out to prone this board with the singular purpose of determining where my feet balanced the foil.  I want to place the NSI stick on strap inserts and start winging with this board.  

And this is exactly what I wanted to get a picture of - my feet in the sweet spots for this board.  


And Koa was out - never got close enough to me for the GoPro to take worthwhile pictures (but he was ripping!).


Roland texted me later and said the wind got so strong he couldn't hold on to his wing at times.  That's ok - these up and down conditions aren't too good for my golfer's elbow...        

W:110/F:94/S:36

No comments: