Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Getting Real Close to Done on No.28

Yesterday after work I got through the sanding regime - all the way to 400 and 600 wet sanding.


Realistically, this one was not that bad to sand.


This afternoon I drilled out the hole for the leash plug and I carved out a couple of spots I felt could be better.  Then I filled the questionable spots and installed the leash plug.  I placed one final touch up coat of epoxy and I'm done for the day.


Of note - if your shaper isn't cleaning all the inserts (finboxes, leash plugs, handles, footstrap inserts, etc) with acetone, or rough sanding the parts before installing, the mold release will hamper the epoxy bonding and you risk failure.  I used acetone on the parts for this board (good to go!)


Tomorrow evening (cause in the afternoon I'll be winging) I'll sand down the leash plug, touch up the spots I placed epoxy this evening, then apply the clear coat.  I'll let the clear coat sit for a day, but I'll at least try to get the deck pad cut out.  If I can get that far, I'll apply the deck pad and let that sit for a little bit.  Thursday the wind is supposed to start nuking and it'll stay up for over a week - 

No comments: