Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Garage Works - 12/26/2022

After I got back from foiling, I settled into the garage to get some progress on some projects and to help my beautiful bride with her big project.

This was the template I settled on for No.29 - this is an asymmetric prone foil board.  Dimensions should come out to something like 4'6" x 18.8" - and I'm planning on keeping the volume around the high 30's - so the thickness will be 3.75"


Here's the template transferred to the blank




And here's the trimmed up blank.  I used a Japanese pull saw to cut this one out instead of my normal long blade jig saw.  The jig saw had been melting the foam - so after I pick out the melted beads there would be gaps.  In most instances the gaps did not impact the shape, but they are a pain to deal with.  I had to fair in the template at the top deck with a surform to remove the excess foam, but that wasn't really an issue.  I did not get around to skinning the blank and foiling the volume distribution - because I also worked on....


Fixing the dings on Dennis's wave ski.  I have to sand down the patches and then add fiberglass to the nose repair.  This does take up a bunch of room in the garage...


Lastly, I helped La work on putting together the French cleat art table she has been wanting to complete.  We got the desk top built and also made sure the desk mounting rack would work with the dowel sections she bought.


Totally fun afternoon with my wife in the garage!!!

No comments: