Thursday, December 8, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 12/8/2022

 I hit Hickam after work - got in a shorter session because I needed to go and pick up Marlon from UH this evening.  I pulled up and Ryan was packing up - he had used his PPC 2.8 - Jim was also in and swapping out his 5.0 down to his 4.0


Looking at the water and the trees - it was pretty much nuking.  I rigged up the Reedin SW 3.6 and bolted on the F One Eagle 890.


Even with this small gear, there were several gusts and sustained wind fields that would just swat me over - so much fun!!!!

The Eagle 890 does not have the glide of its big brother - but it is definitely faster.  I hit 21.8 mph before my watch battery died.  I know I was going faster than that.  I also think I can go faster by shimming the rear stabilizer.


Pretty much all the way forward in the boxes.


I was well powered from the get go.  After a few warm up runs, I figured I'd see how Firsts was breaking.  It was flat out smoke on the water out there - I was even having a hard time staying on the board - so much water moving around - the foil underwater was getting pulled one way while the wing was trying to pull me in another - awesomeness!

I wanted to get some speed runs in - next time I'll make sure my watch is charged up (my watch is pretty much defunct - stupid battery).

I have GoPro pictures - but I'll add those later.  For now - I can just relish the awesome power of nature! 



W:120/F:96/S:40

No comments: