Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Tuning DW210 Rear Stabilizer

When I've used the Eagle 1090/XXS Fuselage/DW210 combo, the setup sings in two to three tones.  The harmonics are pretty impressive, and the people foiling around me say they can hear me from far away.  Kalani tried sanding last time I had this setup out - but it seemed like it actually made the third harmonic resident.

I've been plying YouTube and I found a couple of references to the Donaldson Trailing Edge (where the flat side has a rounded edge).


I got the edge tuned on the DW210 this evening.


I'll have to wait a few days or so before the wind comes back and I can take this out to test it.


Prior to this week, I had never heard of the Donaldson trailing edge.  This is pretty much the opposite of what Alex Aguerra was doing in his video from a couple of years back (he sanded down the edge from the low pressure/suction side at a 45 degree angle).


This is the side where the "curve" is imparted.

Always - it all done for a first pass.  I'll test this on the 890 to see what the difference is.

I did check the 1090 trailing edge and there were two anomalies that seemed like that they could cause some vibration.  I'll take this one item at a time.

No comments: