Saturday, December 3, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 12/3/2022

Some of the forecasts were calling for decent winds today.  Off to WPB to ride the thermals... except that as soon as Kalani and I launched, the wind pretty much died off.  I rigged big - Kujira 1440 and the North Nova Light Wind 8.0 


Definitely got tricked a bunch today - rigging the wind actually looked good - then BAM dropped off.  Also, I thought I saw a stronger wind line on the outside - and I kept chasing it - then I find myself out in front of Campgrounds.  Ughhhhh....


There were some runs of wind where I was able to get up on foil and twice I was able to get back upwind.  On the last few runs, I was actually able to surf the inbound swell.


I'll call this session R&D in to the absolute low end of the NLW8.0

There were some sets that I could have proned...

W:118/F:95/S:40


No comments: