Monday, December 12, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 12/11/2022

 The forecast for Sunday had the wind stronger after lunch.  I wanted to help La get the Christmas lights up so I went with the forecast.  Marlon surfed in the morning and said it was decent.  He saw Kalani waiting for the wind to come up.  And he also got some good drone footage of the regulars at WPB.

By the time I got to Hickam, the wind had been in a pretty long lull (about an hour according to Ken and Jim). 


Unfortunately, I only brought the smaller wings because I listened to the forecast.  I had the same setup as Saturday morning (Reedin Flight Attendant on No.25) and pumped up the Reedin SW2 4.7


I stalled a few minutes, but noticed texture on the water.  I booked it to the launch and made a beeline straight out to Firsts (where the wind looked considerably stronger).


The waves were fantastic!!!  Super fun head high waves and the wind was always up - in fact the 4.7 was the perfect sized wing for the wind.

I could have used the 4.2, but the extra half meter surface area was good insurance.  There was another errant data point from the Garmin watch.  Scanning across, it looks like I got the foil to almost 19mph.

I also can't seem to stop saying - "this was an awesome session!!!"

W:124/F:96/S:40

No comments: