Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 12/7/2022

Hit Hickam after work - this was the first day of strong trades making their return.  I setup the Reedin SWX 4.2, the F One Eagle 1090 and the wide wing foil board.  The wind was really strong - not quite smoke on the water strong - but definitely enough to blow me around like a rag doll at times.


This being the first in strong winds in quite some time, I stayed on the inside for a bit to warm up on my turns.  The ridiculous glide this front foil gives made short work of my worst turn - the toe-side tack.  I'm going to keep drilling down on this turn during this wind event - hopefully I'll have developed the muscle memory by the end of the strong winds.


Kalani tried tuning the rear stabilizer while we were setting up.  It didn't help - this setup was singing in three pitches when I was blasting.


After warming up, I headed out to Firsts with Harris.  The waves were really fun - just needed either a tad bit more energy or a slightly lower tide then it would have been perfect.


The wind was really good - hardly any holes.  In fact, some of the gusts were so strong - they just knocked me off the board.


I got to 22.8 mph this session.  So much fun to get back to powered conditions after the pretty long spell of no wind!


W:119/F:96/S:40

No comments: