Monday, December 12, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 12/10/2022 (Second Run)

 I got a second session in on Saturday - this one was for the specific purpose of anointing No.28 (and getting the balance point for the Kujira 1210, and making sure there were no pin holes in the glass job).  The wind was still strong, but it wasn't crazy nuts like earlier in the day. 

I decided to use the Reedin SWX 4.2 again (wanted to get my money's worth out of it as both the SWXs and No.28 are all sold to Prayot and he is bringing it all back to Japan).


I got it perfectly balanced on the first try (but I had several boards marked up so I could define the relative position).  This board is really fun to carve around.  I didn't get a chance to take it out in the waves - but I was having too much fun inside.


Oh - and this guy was chillin' on the inside too (ended up seeing it at the end of a tack - and we both couldn't get out of each other's way - I ended up giving it a 'love' tap).


Super fun session!!!  I forgot how awesome the Kujira 1210 is - I was nailing dry tacks, nose down jibes and tightening up the radius on the turns.


I can't stop saying that the conditions were perfect for the 4.2 



I think it is time to get a new GPS watch.. Looking through the data, I got the foil up to 19.7 mph.


These boards are like kids to me - they all have their personalities, and you hate to see them go.  I'll have to make myself one of these -

Another successful anointing!

W:123/F:96/S:40

No comments: