Saturday, May 25, 2024

Dawn Patrol - 5/25/2024

I had planned on going to Kailua to wing this morning - but I checked the report before heading out and the wind was light.  I figured I'd have a better time going to WPB to surf (since it was low tide and I didn't want to risk grounding a foil - and I didn't charge my Foil Drive battery).

There were some waves, but the crowd was also pretty stacked.


I brought the Hammah Fish thinking the waves were going to be a hair bigger (based on the past couple of winging sessions).  They were good sized on the sets but the longboarders were all over them.  I caught several, and even had a couple of good ones - but I kept thinking the Boogie Fish or the Sweet Potato would have been a better selection for riding the waves on the inside.  


This board is perfect for the chest to head and a half high waves.  Today was more like belly to head.  Definitely should have used the Boogie Fish...

W:61/FD:38/F:4/S:12


No comments: