Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 5/29/2024

Harris and I are contemplating trading Spitfires - my 840 for his 900.  He wants a smaller/faster foil and I'm looking for a smaller Foil Drive foil that doesn't eat a lot of battery on takeoff.

We've been trying to meet up, but today was the first time it worked out.

Since I was there... yup, I winged.  North Mode Pro 4.8, No.36, Eagle 890/DW190, Evolution Cedrus Wind - PERFECT gear for today's conditions.


I moved the foil while out on the water a couple of times - here's where it ended up.

Oh - and my new Mystic Wing Foil bag came in - sweet package to protect the new board! 


The wind was a little up and down, but the gear handled it all well.


And actually I spent today's session focusing on tacks - mainly my inside toe-side tacks.  The video I watched saying "roll that wing over" made all the difference.  Normally I get maybe 25% of this tack - after taking these small actions, I am now making 90% - and they are as much fun as the hee-side tacks!

I have never done as many tacks in a session as I did today - super breakthrough day!!! 


Jim was out when I pulled up to the parking lot - but was beaching when I was finishing setup.  He's getting eye surgery in a week, so he's trying to get in as much water time as he can.  Looks like he had the better wind.

After working on my tacks, I headed out to Firsts to sampo some of da' waves.  Small kine today - but good fo exercising my juicing skilz.  I had a few good ones, then headed back so I wouldn't get too far behind the power curve (on getting through the afternoon traffic).

On the inside, I wanted to do some speed runs - I got some speed!


Fun quick session - that will go down in history (mine own) as the session that cemented the elusive toe-side tack!

W:63/FD:40/F:4/S:12

No comments: