Thursday, May 23, 2024

Wing Foiling Session, Second for 5/23/2024

And I got in a second session this afternoon - 

The wind was a hair stronger compared to lunch time, and the tide was super high - good combo for launching.


Before I headed to the beach, I got the footstraps installed where I thought they needed to go based on the earlier session.


As far as the other gear - everything else was the same as I wanted to focus on the board and the changes in foil position - so I stuck with the North Mode Pro 5.5 and Eagle 890.

I did move the foil a hair forward to start to see if that would change the pressure distribution.


This was another great session!

No.36 has a little more volume than No.32 so the float is easier (when setting up for takeoff).

It pretty much works like any other board that I've used recently.  I got in more toe-side tacks - the more I do the easier they become - I just need some speed and some pressure in the wing to make it through the turn.


This pretty much says it all - great session with a ton of awesome rides.

Prayot made it out - used his AFS Silk 850 and his big Vayu wing.


It really was a good wind day!

Lots of time up on foil.


On the way back in, I did catch the wing panel on one of the foil winglets... oh well - easy to patch and I got it over with.

I'll move the starboard footstrap just a notch to open it up a little.  I also ended up moving the foil backwards  - the original setting I used during this session ended up with a little too much front foot pressure.  Other than that - this board is ready for stickers!!!

W:60/FD:38/F:4/S:11

No comments: