Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Evening Session - 5/8/2024

OMG!

The forecasted south swell hit this afternoon - and when the proper sets were coming through, the waves were big.  There was almost zero wind.  With the super high tide, the trip out was easy (but I ended up consuming some voltage because of the length to get out to the Foil Drive lineup).

Same stuff as yesterday - 


Robby was already out when I got to the water.  He was catching everything.

I was having a hard time actually dealing with the perfect conditions (I've gotten used to the wind and the chop - smooth water was throwing me a loop).  I eventually got calibrated and everything came together.


And Marvin and Dennis also made it out.  Marvin picked up a JS Black Eagle foil board and Dennis was using Marvin's 5'4" Quatro.


I had picked up some pretty good sized waves throughout the session.  But as I was telling Dennis I had to go in, I picked up a wave that turned out to be the first of a big bomber set - halfway through the ride I looked left and right and there was no place to go - close to double overhead feathering walls either side - I told myself "just don't fuck up and everything will be fine"

The wave broke in multiple sections and I rode it out.  That was probably the single biggest wave I've caught on foil...

Then the other 6 waves in the set came through - closeouts on the far outside every one of them.


That top speed is pretty crazy on the Spitfire 960 (although probably not as ridiculous as I think since I have the Skinny rear stabilizer mounted - pretty crazy that the stabilizer could make that much difference).

What a session!!!!

W:58/FD:31/F:4/S:9

No comments: